This villages appears in the Biga Brigade Map of 1530. This indicates that the village was one of the first Turkish villages established in the region. Research of the region has shown that the location of the village shifted around in close proximities a couple of times. The habitants of the village identify themselves as “manav”. According to Turcologists, “manav” is a terminology used to describe first Turkish settlers in Anatolia. In 1930 migrants also came and settled in the village.